Star Lesson offers schools, universities and colleges a true plug-and-play lesson observation solution.
AV lesson archival solution
Mobile AV lesson archival solution
Star Lesson enables teachers to record, review, tag, archive, share and publish video footage of their lessons for future CPD, teaching and training. Because the system comes in a portable version it can be located within any classroom, the only limitation is the requirement for a power supply.
The system uses and is controlled via the school's network thus facilitating remote observation. The quality of the audio combined with the ability of the remote observer to pan and tilt the camera means that lessons can be remotely observed and tagged in adherence with the Ofsted or TDA Professional Standards criteria. An integrated dibba reader and LCD viewing screens also enables teachers to control the process of filming their own lessons.
- Teachers are totally in control of the process, it is their tool, they decide whether to record a lesson with their dibba or not.
- New Learning Channel
- Schools build-up a networked 'lesson bank' of hundreds of their most successful lessons, providing a valuable learning resource for teachers and pupils alike.
- New CPD Tool
- Teachers can observe, tag and learn from their own teaching, allowing them to hone and perfect their skills over time.
- Cost Saving & Less Disruption
- Star Lesson makes obsolete the need for expensive and often disruptive third party lesson observation.
Key benefits of Star Lesson
- Can be rapidly deployed in any classroom (mobile)
- Teachers embrace Star Lesson as they are in total control
- The dibba only records the actual lesson, meaning teachers save precious time as there is no need to edit the final footage
- Facilitates remote observation and self review using Ofsted, TDA Professional Standards or self generated tagging criteria
- Takes CPD to the next level, with teachers now being able to observe and review themselves thus removing the need for expensive and disruptive third party observation
- Provides schools with the ability to benchmark their teaching across the entire syllabus